We are so glad to be able to fulfill your crafting supply needs during this worldwide crisis. PLEASE READ our FAQ below before placing an order. Thank you!
If possible, please try to limit your fabric purchases to 10 different styles/prints at a time (but you can order as much yardage as our inventory allows of each fabric).
Thank you again for adhering to these guidelines. Please email us with any questions!
1. Can I pick up an order at the shop instead of having it shipped?
If you would like a contactless pickup, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us you'd like to pick up and we will contact you when your order is ready. When picking up, please bring hand sanitizer and wear a mask. Please ring the bell and we will come and ask your name. Then step back 6 feet from the door so we can place your package on the sidewalk just outside the door. If it is raining, we will leave the package inside and will unlock the front door and we will step 6 ft away while you open the door to retrieve your package. Please bring a sanitizing wipe for the doorknob or wear gloves to open the door.
2. How long will it take to get my package?
We use USPS for all of our Domestic shipping. Depending on order backlog, we will pack up your order and ship within 3 days. Once you have received your notification that your order has shipped, it can take between 2-7 days. The USPS is stretched thin in NYC and there are times when shipping may be delayed once your package is already in their hands. So far, none of our shipments have been lost! If you can not get packages from USPS please let us know so we can arrange another way to ship.
3. Do you have elastic for face masks?
Yes, we are now able to keep elastic in stock! Our selection is available here.
4. Since the fabric is listed online in 1/4 yard units, how is it cut?
Your fabric will be cut in one piece. For example, if you order 4 units (four quarter yards), we will cut 1 full yard of fabric for you. 6 units ordered would translate to a 1.5 yard piece of fabric, etc.
5. Can you wind yarn before shipping?
Yes, we can! Please email email@example.com with your order number to request winding.
6. How else can I support the shop during the pandemic?
Please consider donating to our GoFundMe to contribute to our shop upkeep costs and staff salaries during this uncertain time. You can also purchase a gift card to use at a later date. They don't expire! We are so appreciative of all the love and support we've received from our wonderful community! Thank you!
7. Can I schedule a time to shop inside the store?
YES! you can visit our scheduling APP here. See our rules for in-store shopping below...
8. What if I change my mind and want to return my purchase?
Right now, (as of June 20th) we are not allowing returns or exchanges unless merchandise recieved is damaged.
RULES FOR IN-STORE SHOPPING:
Thank you all for your support while the shop has been closed to in-person shopping. We are so glad to announce our re-opening as of Wednesday, June 24th! There is a limit of three customers in the shop at a time, and shopping is by appointment. You MAY drop in without an appointment but be prepared to wait until we have room for you.
Shopping appointments are in 30 minute time slots. Current shopping hours are Tuesday-Sunday 12pm - 6pm. Appointments are for individuals only. Please do some browsing online before you come so you have an idea of what you want and can make good use of your time in the shop. Make a list :)
Please read the following rules and guidelines:
1. If you do not feel well, please stay home.
2. Masks Required: All customers must wear a mask or face covering over their nose and mouth at all times while shopping.
3. Maintain social distance: Please observe six feet of distance between other shoppers as well as BGS staff. We have marked off 6 ft increments inside the store as well as traffic directions to help you distance.
4. Sanitize your hands: We will provide hand sanitizer at the entry of the shop for your use before shopping. You may use your own hand sanitizer if you prefer, but we will enforce hand sanitizing before you touch products. We will also have sanitizer at the register so you can sanitize before and after you pay. We have enabled a signature free POS but some Banks will require a signature and we have no control over that.
5. Use a basket: We will provide sanitized shopping baskets. You must use a basket to carry your selections while in the shop. We will provide paper shopping bags for you to bag your items yourself after payment.
6. Come alone if possible: There is a limit of three shoppers per time slot so there will be plenty of room to observe proper distancing. If you must have someone accompany you, please let us know and we will work to accommodate.
7. Limit touch: Please be mindful when shopping and limit touching products as much as possible, and only handle things that you are seriously interested in. Please only test fibers and fabrics with your hand or on the inside of your wrist. We are sorry to say that in order to keep everyone safe, we cannot allow you to try on any of our samples at this time.
8. Contactless Payment: Please use contactless payment by smartphone or credit card tap if this is possible for you. Venmo and PayPal is also an option. Please use cash only as a last resort.
9. We will be asking your permission to keep your name and contact info in our contact tracing log in order to contact you, should it become known that a person testing positive for COVID-19 has been in the shop. This is not mandatory.
10. We do not have a public restroom.
You can sign up HERE for your shopping time slot.
WE CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE YOU!
We will continue to take online orders for shipping or contactless pickup! We appreciate your cooperation in our efforts to keep everyone safe and healthy.